[Close] 

Infrastructure specialist/Engineer

Adecco is currently assisting a local client in their search to fill Infrastructure specialist/Engineer in Latham, NY Job Description / requirements:
The candidate should be an Infrastructure specialist/Engineer who has operational experience on Servers/Storage/Network with focus on data center migrations and transformation.
He should have good knowledge of typical migration task of moving servers/storage/databases/network between data centers.
On a day to day basis he will take ownership of a migration wave or bundle and manages it all the way through execution.
60% of the responsibility is to own and manage activities in T-Minus and remaining 40% is to assist the Central Center (T-Zero) which includes shift/weekend duties.
- Strong knowledge of x86 ( Windows / Linux) Migration in a (both Virtual & Physical )- Good knowledge of standard SAN/NAS replication process - Assist in review and acceptance of sequenced migration bundles for each wave- Detailed hour by hour scheduling of wave activities- Command center planning, coordination and oversight - Confirming resources for activity execution, building contact and escalation lists- Coordinating activity completion in T-, T0 and T+- Tracking pre-migration server builds- Tracking or escalating late or absent execution resources- Resolving migration execution issues in T0- Assist and resolve T+ post migration issues- Post-migration analysis of lessons learned for process improvement- Knowledge of DR environment setup and testing coordination - prefer candidates who are bi-lingual with strong written and verbal Spanish skills Must have strong Unix/Linux background .


Don't Be Fooled

The fraudster will send a check to the victim who has accepted a job. The check can be for multiple reasons such as signing bonus, supplies, etc. The victim will be instructed to deposit the check and use the money for any of these reasons and then instructed to send the remaining funds to the fraudster. The check will bounce and the victim is left responsible.

More Jobs

Family Development Specialist
Irvington, NY Abbott House
Sr Nuclear Site Communications Specialist
Syracuse, NY Exelon
HR Strategic Communications Senior Specialist ...
New York City, NY Deloitte
Field Service Engineer
New York City, NY Thermo Fisher Scientific
Experienced Field Engineer - Controls - Aerode...
New York City, NY FieldCore
Academic Resource Center Specialist - Student ...
Bronx, NY CUNY